Monday, May 26, 2014

Be yourself

I cannot even tell you how often I tell myself or others or this blog to just be yourself. But you know sometimes I need a little extra reminder.
When it comes to unknown places and faces I tend to get intimidated by a crowd of people and the conversations and start freaking out about what to say or do (unimaginable I know - but it's the truth).
And then afterwards I think about all the things I could've said or I am disappointed in myself for not being completely myself.
Last week I took my own advice and decided that the next chance I get I will let go of everything that is holding me back and be me, funny wild and slightly over sharing at times.
Well I didn't have to wait for too long and a work event came up - the most dreaded place to practice what I preach as it tends to be my place of insecurity. But with a little push here and there I got up and walked up to people, had tons of fun, laughed, shared, connected and left when I knew everything was said. At the end of the day I was so happy and went to bed "proud" of myself. I thought about it a lot then and you know God can use you best when you are being you at your best. And believe me I don't want to miss out on any chance where God could use me just because of insecurities or fear.

xoxo

Ramona

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button